Wednesday 15 August 2012

10 day challenge - 6 places

1:Inkwenkwezi Game Reserve, South Africa. I spent a month volunteering here in 2007 and it was amazing! The safari park was brilliant, and it was here that I rode on an elephant, bottle fed lion cubs, and met Heinz Winckler (the very good looking winner of South African Pop Idol!) As volunteers we lived in tree houses, and spent many a happy evening drinking round the camp fire. In addition to this another favourite place is Buccaneers Backpackers in Cintsa, South Africa, where we spent our weekends. It is right by the sea, and is a gorgeous place full of wonderful people! When I have some money I want to go back, as I really miss the place!

2: Dublin. I love the Irish accent, and when I visited I fell in love with any man who spoke to me - just because of the accent. Temple Bar is the most vibrant, fun place, with live music, Irish stew and lots of friendly people. The drinks are very expensive, but being a girl from the UK helped, as men bought us drinks because of our ‘cute’ accents. I definitely think they sounded much cuter! 

3: Falmouth. A lovely little Cornish town where they do the best Cornish pasties I have ever tasted! Pasties don’t taste as nice outside of Cornwall! A little fun fact for you - did you know that pasties were made for the men down in the mines to give them a meal of meat and two veg? The crust round the edge was for them to hold with their dirty hands, and would be thrown away when the rest was eaten. A little snippet of Tremelling information for you there!

4: My new house. I love my new house with Joe! We are almost all unpacked and are getting things how we like them now.

5: Egypt. A great place to visit, and seeing the pyramids is breathtaking! I just couldn’t believe how big they were! Although I got a lot of hassle out there (being blonde) I still had a great time, and it deserves a place in my six.

6: Bath. And that is not just because I work here! Bath is a beautiful city. Walking along the Royal Crescent you can really imagine being in a Jane Austin novel. The city is full of wonderful places to eat, boutiques where you can pick up different styles of clothes and gifts and tourist attractions like the Roman Baths, Pump Rooms, the Assembly Rooms and the Abbey. And if you do visit Bath, pick up a copy of the Bath Chronicle! (Shameless plug!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment