Tuesday 7 August 2012

10 day challenge - 10 secrets

I have decided to take part in this little challenge for something fun to do, and for you all to find out a little more about my crazy life! (Whether you want to or not!) It probably won't be done in 10 days like it is meant to, as I am too busy to blog every day. So I am going to cheat and do it as and when I get a chance! So sit back and enjoy an insight into my muddled little life!

First up, 10 secrets. Well, I am quite an open person, and I share most things. So I am sure that some of these will not be secrets to certain people! But here goes anyway:

1. I am scared of cherries. Ok most people know that I hate cherries, I think they taste horrible. But how many know that I am scared of them? Well, I am. It is since that horrible Three advert, where the cherry sings to the little girl. You know the one I mean....'If you leave me now.....'. That freaked me out when I saw it, and still does now. Even now I can't look at cherries for fear of them growing a mouth and teeth and singing to me! And I hate the song!

2. I love Stobart spotting. To the extent of sadness. My name is Laura and I am a Stobart spotter! I get massively excited when I see a Stobart, and have a satisfaction writing the names in my book! I may be one step away from a train spotter - but I am not ashamed!

3. When I make a cup of tea I have to stir it twice anti clockwise and twice clockwise. I really do, next time I make you a cup of tea watch me! Don't ask me why, it's not like it makes it taste any better! It is just a weird ocd thing I have! Don't blame me for being strange!

4. I talk to my teddy. I know many people do but at the age of 26 I have not grown out of it! I have had my teddy Polly since I was a year old, and he is my favourite! We have been through thick and thin together, and he has been repaired so many times by mum. Well he sits on my chest of drawers and when I am alone I talk to him about my day. I think it is because I hate not having people around, and you all know I like to chat! So in the absence of anyone else I talk to Polly!

5. I have to have the volume of all televisions and radios on an even number. I hate odd numbers, it makes me uneasy! Everytime I have the television or radio on the volume must be on an easy number. Joe has had me shouting at him so many times to put the volume on an even number that he now does it automatically!

6. I fancy Phillip Scofield! Love a bit of the Silver Fox! It would be my dream to interview him one day - but that may not be a good idea as I would not be able to act in a professional manner! Haha!

7. I cannot read maps, or direct people. I really am rubbish! I am the sort of person that directs someone for miles before realising that the map is upside down, or I am following a river instead of a road. At a camp in year 6 I got the whole group lost while on an orenteering exercise. My parents got me a sat nav for Christmas a few years ago and it is one of the best gifts I have ever had!

8. I cried when my old car had to be taken away. Velma the Clio was my first car, I had her for 9 years and was very attached to her! So when she died (all the lights on the dashboard lit up and she wouldn't start) I was very upset. However was slightly embarrassing for me and my dad when I burst into tears in the garage! Provided some entertainment for the mechanic though!

9. Sometimes when I am bored on a train I pretend I am off to Hogwarts on the Hogwarts Express. Well, that would be amazing! Luckily I have never tried to run through the wall at Platform 9 3/4 yet! that would be painful!

10. I am a little girl trapped in a grown up girls body! (Though that will come as no surprise to most of you!)









No comments:

Post a Comment