Wednesday 8 August 2012

10 day challenge - 9 loves

1: Joe. And before you all go blergh, and make sicky noises I am not romantic often - so give me a break! Haha! Joe has to be number one on the list - if only for his ability to make me feel better if I have had a bad day. He also stops me from doing silly things that would ultimately end in disaster! When I come up with a plan that I think is brilliant I am often reined in by Joe, who asks if my crazy scheme is really a good idea. So for putting up with me, being the sensible one in our relationship, and making me smile he is top of the list :)

2: My family and friends. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my amazing family, who have rolled their eyes at me during my crazy moments, supported me through the tough times and celebrated the good times! My amazing friends make me the person I am today, and I need them around for the giggles!

3: Shoes. Anyone who knows me will know that I love shoes! To the extent that poor Joe almost had a heart attack at the amount of shoes I had when we moved in together. I think that shoes make an outfit, and the right shoes always make an outfit look so much better! I have my favourite pair (white heels with a t-bar strap and brown heel) casual flats, boots, and trainers. To my delight I was also offered the chance to interview both Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik, two of my heroes! Jimmy Choo even praised my favourite shoes - now dubbed ‘Choo Approved’! Unfortunately I didn’t get any freebies. Though I am still hoping a pair may be delivered to my office in thanks for the stories I wrote! Haha!

4: Elephants. These are my favourite animal, I think they are beautiful! I have always loved elephants, and when I worked in Africa for a month I have a chance to ride on one. It was amazing - one of the best days of my life! And the keeper told me that my elephant would remember me if I ever got the chance to return, which I hope very much I will! I would love a pet elephant, but Joe said it would not be practical or legal to steal one from the zoo and keep it in our flat (see what I mean about being sensible and reining me in!) So I make do with my elephant collection, including teddies, models and photos.

5: Books. I am a proper little book worm, and I read anything and everything. A good book takes you away from everyday life, whether to a street in New York, a fairytale castle, or into space. With a good book turning every page is an adventure. I love reading new books, and finding new authors, so if you have a suggestion of a book for me to try let me know!

6: Jelly Tots. They are not just for kids! I love them, especially the green ones! When I first started going out with Joe he made me a Jelly Tot Bot out of a chewing gum pot, with flashing eyes and hands you can move (honestly it is a lot cooler than I am making it sound!) It even has a compartment for the jelly tots, perfect!

7: Positive thinking. There are a lot of things in life that can get you down - if you let them. But I believe in positive thinking. instead of thinking about all the things you don’t have, or that make you sad, think of the good things in your life. Things that will make you smile! And with positive thinking (and a little bit of fairy dust) anything can happen!

8: Polly. my teddy that was mentioned in my last post. Yeah, the one I talk to. Reminds me of being a child, and no matter how much he falls apart I will never get rid of him! I got him at a Christmas party when I was about 18months, and the funny thing is that the person who was Father Christmas was my dad! I didn’t have a clue at the time, but looking at photos now it is so obvious!

9: Travelling. I love visiting different places, though unfortunately due to not having lots of cash I don’t get to travel abroad as much as I would like! I have been to some amazing places, and am frantically saving to visit more! In the meantime I am content with travelling to different places in the UK, which is fine as the UK has some beautiful towns, cities and countryside i have not been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment