Friday 15 March 2013

Bath Half training: soundtrack to running

Many people who run have told me that one of the keys to success is to have music to listen to. This is supposed to help me through the pain, and keep me going when I am just about ready to give up. It will also help to drown out the voice in my head telling me to head to the nearest pub and have a nice plate of chips instead. So, as part of my Bath Half preparation I downloaded iTunes, and have created the perfect running soundtrack on my iPod.

Firstly, I will say something surprising and admit that I have never used iTunes before. Can you believe it?! I seemed to have been stuck in the dark ages, and must be one of the only people I know who actually goes out and buys CDs! Well not anymore. After downloading iTunes onto my pretty temperamental laptop I have arrived in the 21st century! And what an arrival it was! Faced with any music I could wish for, I was pretty spoilt for choice! Joe was delighted (hmmmmm....) as the evening consisted of me finding lots of cheesy 90’s songs, reminiscing about times gone by, throwing a hissy fit when I couldn’t figure out how to get the songs on my Ipod and constantly asking for help. But we survived!
So my iPod now includes songs by B*Witched (remember them?!), Spice Girls, Boyzone, S Club 7, and the one and only Peter Andre. I am hoping that these classic songs will keep me going through the pain! Now I just need to buy one of those arm band things to put the iPod in.

One of the songs to inspire me while running:


No comments:

Post a Comment