Monday 9 January 2012

A is for apple bobbing!

Why should apple bobbing be left until Halloween? When I thought up this challenge I decided that the best way to start would be by dunking my head (and Joe’s) into a bowl of cold water and picking up an apple with my teeth. Apple bobbing was always the thing I loved about Halloween. As a child I was not allowed trick or treating, and so Jodie, Jon and I would dress up at home and prowl around the house in the dark. However the highlight of the whole evening was apple bobbing, and as an adult (?!) of 26 it was still fun!
Joe looked quite bemused when I informed him that we would be bobbing for apples, but he didn’t complain! I went first, filling the washing up bowl with freezing cold water and dunking my whole head in. Now, I haven't done apple bobbing for a few years, and the shock of the cold water was enough to completely confuse me! On my first go I ended up with no apple, coughing and spluttering and spraying water all over me, Joe and the kitchen.

After a few more attempts, and despite almost losing my contact lenses when I forgot to close my eyes I was successful! Never has an apple tasted so good! My pride was short lived when Joe and Jon (who I also roped into the challenge) completed it with much less hassle and remained relatively dry.

I ended the challenge with mascara down my face, water in one ear, and wet hair. But, A is complete! 1 down 25 to go. Stay tuned for B.

No comments:

Post a Comment