Tuesday 24 January 2012

C is for Cotswold Wildlife Park!

This latest challenge came in the form of animals, as Joe and I headed to Cotswold Wildlife Park. Despite the grey clouds hanging threateningly over our heads we were lucky, and the day stayed dry. (People in England always seem to discuss the weather, so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon).

The wildlife park is home to a variety of animals including giraffes, rhinos, lions, and Joe’s new favourite red pandas. I was disappointed that there were no elephants, but I made up for this by making friends a reindeer (though there was no sign of Santa, I expect he is on a beach somewhere taking a well deserved break after the madness of Christmas). The reindeer in question did not look too impressed when I hurtled up to him and thrust a camera in his face. After chasing him up and down the pen a few times the result is this charming photo. All ideas for a caption welcome!

The park also has an exciting adventure playground complete with a helter skelter! Here I was faced with the question of just how old do you have to be for it to be acceptable to have a go. I decided at the age of 26 years (and four months to be precise) I was perfectly entitled to have a go. Joe however disagreed. Who do you think won?

Other highlights from our visit included Joe threatening to throw me to the lions if I didn’t behave, almost getting run over by the little train on several occasions, compairing the meerkats, and eating a jacket potato with chilli on it and only getting a small bit on my clothes. All in all a successful and fun day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment