Thursday 26 April 2012

J is for Jaffa Cakes!

Jaffa cakes are addictive, and they are one of my favourite sweet snacks! So bearing this in mind I was inspired to see how many I could eat in one minute. This was brave of me, considering the last time I tried this stunt I almost choked. Death by jaffa cake was not how I wanted to go! The fact that I tried this while live on air at Sunshine Radio made it even worse. I’m sure the patients who had to listen to me spluttering away would agree! I only managed a pathetic 3 so this time I hoped for more!

Raiding my mum’s cake tin I discovered a full packet of jaffa cakes – I was fortunate that it was the day after her ‘big shop’ to Tescos. Sitting down I set the timer on my phone to 1 minute and started to eat. I envisaged myself as a contestant on one of those eating competitions! The result was slightly shambolic, as I almost choked on one of the jaffa cakes again! A scary moment, as I was home alone, so there was no-one to save me if disaster should strike!

After the scary experience I managed to scoff 4 of the things. That’s 1 better than my last attempt but somehow I don’t think I will be breaking any world records yet! More practice is obviously needed!

So now I challenge you all to see how many you can eat in a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment