Tuesday 1 May 2012

K is for Kinder Eggs!

Yes, I am aware that this is my second post involving food. Blame the appalling weather for that, as it put a stop to my original plan for K - kite flying.

When trying to think of something else to do for K that didn't involve leaving the house my thoughts turned to kinder eggs (not a big surprise to those of you who know what a sweet tooth I have!) Good old kinder eggs! The joy of children who when being treated by parents have to make decision whether to pick a toy or chocolate. With kinder eggs you got both!

I remember when I was addicted to kinder eggs. And it was not because of the chocolate! It was because of the toy inside. And one toy in particular - the terrapins. I was obsessed with the little green characters, and wanted to collect the whole group. The problem was that I only got one egg a week, when dad would take us out on a Saturday to entertain us when mum was working. I didn't always get a terrapin, sometimes I got something you had to make, like a car or plane. I was always really disappointed when this happened, and delighted when a terrapin peaked out of the yellow egg! I don't remember if I ever completed the set!


Back in 2012 and this time my kinder egg had a panda in it. Random, but kind of cute. Joe got a car, which is fitting for him. They are both sat on my shelf, as I am not sure what to do with them. It seems that at the age of 26 the chocolate is now the most important part of the kinder egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment