Saturday 11 January 2014

New year - new start

Ready to blog!
So we are already a good week and a half into 2014. A new year, a new, fresh start. Yesterday was the day that most people break their New Years resolutions. So how are you all doing? Still going to the gym everyday, letting no chocolate what-so-ever pass your lips, and watching every penny you spend so that you can manage your finances better? Or have you crumpled. Totally given up and comforted yourself during the most depressing month of the year (in my opinion) withy a big slice of chocolate cake and a glass of wine. Don't worry if you have, you are not alone!

For New Years eve I spent it in my house for the first time in absolutely years! We were going to go out, but the price to get in places, together with the price of a taxi home and drinks all night was just too much. So we invited some friends over, and said goodbye to 2013 with Chinese, champagne and games. And you know what....it was great! And it was made even better the next morning when I woke up to find Sunshine Radio had been shortlisted for 2 categories in the HBA awards, but more about that in another post.

Did I make any resolutions? No. I don't really bother with them, as I usually end up breaking then. In fact I think I have only kept one in all the years I have been making them, and that was the one I made for last year to keep my nails nice and stop biting them. So what I have done instead is to make some goals for 2014, things I would like to achieve for the year. If they happen great, but if not I am not going to beat myself up about it. My goals for the year are:
*Decorate our house, to make it feel more like ours
*Improve my blog, post more and get it out there.
*Save money for the wedding
*Improve my fitness and overall health.

So there you go, four very achievable goals for this year.

What a 13-year-old me wrote on my old bedroom wall
Number one is going well. We are only just into 2014 and already we have decorated 2 rooms. I have cheated slightly, as we did the living room before Christmas, but it is done, along with our bedroom, which is purple and I have sneaked in some elephant stuff :) These rooms went relatively smoothly, as most things I did were supervised by Joe. Though there were nearly purple footprints all over the bedroom after I managed to put my foot in a paint can while painting on my own! I managed to hop to the bathroom to wash it off, and catastrophe was averted! On another note, does anyone actually enjoy wallpapering?! Painting I find quite relaxing, but wallpapering is stressful! Luckily we are just doing one feature wall in each room, so not too much to do! We have also written a little note under the wallpaper in each room, to find in years to come when we redecorate. We did this when I was a kid at my parents, and it was fun when I found it and read what I had written :)
The other view of the living room 

One view of the living room











The purple bedroom!











Number 2 I am working on. If you enjoy my blog please share it....I want more followers!

Number 3.....the wedding! I am so excited about this, but March 2015 seems ages and ages away! People tell me it will go fast, but I am not believing that! So we need to save save save to pay for it! There will be more posts on the wedding planning I am sure, as I have come to the conclusion that I don't have a clue where to start! Any help or tips from married people out there greatly appreciated!

These are getting quite a few outings now!
Number 4 is going well so far. After a strenuous circuits class last night I am feeling fabulous today! I have set this goal before, and failed. But this year I know I will succeed as I have Ams to motivate me, and me to motivate her. We are going to help each other, and it is so much more enjoyable going with a friend.

So there you go. The first blog of 2014. Hope you enjoyed reading it, and stick with me through the rollercoaster that I am sure this year will be!

xxx

2 comments: