Tuesday 11 September 2012

Q is for quorn!

I have never tried quorn, but was curious how it tasted. So when Q came up and I was very stuck for ideas (what starts with Q?!) it seemed like a good opportunity!

I love the taste of meat - especially chicken, so can't imagine being a vegetarian. My one attempt at University lasted a few days. I was too tempted by the BBQ chicken and burgers on offer! My vegetarian friends swear by quorn, and say it tastes the same as meat. So I decided to put it to the test!

The first difference I noticed was the price! It is more expensive to buy quorn than meat - which I don't understand! I thought meat was expensive, and that quorn would be cheaper, but I was wrong.

I picked up some quorn burgers, and when I put them to the taste test I was surprised. They tasted nice, and not much different from beef burgers. Joe though the same as well, which was praise as he likes his burgers.


However even though they tasted nice - and not like cardboard as I thought they would, I will not be converting to vegetarianism just yet - I don't think I would last! But I am up for trying more quorn products in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment