Saturday 17 March 2012

G is for golf!

Putters and golf balls were at the ready for the next part of the alphabet challenge. Picking my willing victims (Joe, Jodie and Ben) I headed off to the jungle themed golf course at Cabot Circus for a spot of crazy golf. And with me crazy golf is certainly crazy! I have limited coordination which makes hitting a ball in a straight line quite difficult.


As a child my parents took me crazy golfing a lot, including to one course in Paignton which was next to a main road. This caused hours of entertainment, as I hit the ball across the road, and watched poor old dad manically running after it dodging cars. I also thought it was pretty amusing to hit my ball into the nearby pond, and watch him roll him his sleeves, determined he would not lose the ball as there was a deposit riding on it!
The golf course at Cabot Circus is inside, away from main roads, and with no ponds in sight – so things were already looking promising!  Apart from hitting the ball backwards on one occasion (with eagle eyed Ben watching so I couldn’t cheat), and tripping over my own feet, I didn’t do too badly.
The danger on this occasion lay with Joe, who seemed to think the harder he wacked the ball the more likely it was to end up in the hole. On several occasions his ball bounced off nearby rocks, hurtling straight for us! Jodie also didn’t do too badly, though I am not sure if the glass of wine she carried round with her helped or hindered her efforts!! At first Ben seemed like he has lost his touch, with even me taking less attempts to get the ball in the hole. However he pulled it back, beating us all at the end. (cheat?!)
The final order was Ben, Me, Jodie and Joe. I was proud that I managed to beat Jodie by one point, something that I will never let her live down!
So for an enjoyable day out visit a crazy golf course. I will be the one firing balls into ponds.

No comments:

Post a Comment