Saturday 2 July 2011

Time for a new pet!

I have decided that the time has come to for me to get a new pet.


Since I lost my goldfish Weasley last year I feel as if something is missing in my life, and am now set on the idea of a new addition to the family (no dad not one of the human kind, before you panic!)

I have been doing a lot of thinking about what pet I should get, with many of my suggestions being rejected by my very patient boyfriend Joe.
According to him a baby elephant would not be practical, as it would not stay small for long.

Similarly dolphins, pandas and sea horses were also rejected - though I thought they were all great ideas!
Hamster was on the list of possibilities, but I have been there done that.
As children my brother, sister and I begged our parents for hamsters, and were delighted when they bought us three Russian ones.
My little Cement – named because he was the colour of cement - proved very entertaining.
During the few years we had the hamsters there were fights between them, and arguments over who would clean out their smelly cages, a task that almost always fell to mum or dad.
There was also the time when my sisters hamster Smokey was flung across the room by mum after he bit her finger and wouldnt let go. Luckily he survived to tell the tale, and the RSPCA did not need to get involved.

So with hamsters, and other animals whose cages I would have to clean out, off the list I feel I have come up with a brilliant idea.....ducks!
So taken am I with this idea that I have even decided on their names, Doris and Douglas (known as Dougie for short)
The problem just remains where do I keep them?
My mum is very particular with her garden, which currently sports hundreds of solar lights, stone animals and a bird table, so digging up her lawn to put in a pond may not go down well.
Joe lives in a flat, with no garden for my ducks, so I am thinking of a blow up pool in his living room?!
I already think I know the answer, but until he actually says no (a few times) I think the plan could go ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment